- Valid proof of identity: passport or EU ID-card. A driving licence is not sufficient.
- Valid full birth certificate.
- If you are married or divorced: bring an original marriage or divorce certificate.
- If you already have employment, bring a letter or document of your job appointment. It must include the company's name and your function within the company.
- Proof of a valid registration address in Leiden, Leiderdorp, Voorschoten, Zoeterwoude. You will not receive a BSN from us if you use an address outside of these municipalities.
You can use:
- A lease agreement, if the leasing period has already started.
- A declaration of the owner of the address, if you are staying with a friend or family.
- A purchase contract.
- Your employer's address, only if you have no other address you can use. Please read more information here. You must bring this signed permission form.
Legalisation and translation:
EU documents do not need to be legalised/apostilled.
If your document is not in Dutch, English, French or German you will need to request an EU multilingual standard form from the country of origin, or have the document translated. The length of time between the legalisation/translation date of your document and your BSN registration appointment should not be longer than 6 months.