What to do with my Christmas tree?
With Christmas being over and 2023 days away, many people wonder what they should do with their christmas tree. We have listed the possibilities per municipality below.
The municipality of Leiden collects Christmas trees on different days from the 9th of January onwards. Have a look at the overview to see when they come pick up your tree.
- Monday 9 January: Haagwegkwartier, Gasthuiswijk, Fortuinwijk, Boshuizen, Oostvliet, Tuinstadwijk, Cronestein, Lammenschansdriehoek
- Tuesday January 10: Lage Mors, Hoge Mors, Stevenshof, Transvaalbuurt
- Wednesday January 11: Professorenwijk, Burgemeesterswijk, Meerburg, Roomburg, Waardeiland, Rijndijkbuurt, Klein Cronesteyn
- Thursday 12 January: Merenwijk, Noorderkwartier, De Kooi, Zeeheldenbuurt, Groenoord
- Friday 13 January: Center, Stationskwartier, Vreewijk – Rijn- en Schiekade - Blauwe Tramstraat, Houtkwartier, Raadsherenbuurt, Pesthuiswijk, Vogelwijk, Leeuwenhoek
Trees can be placed in the morning at the neighborhood container for residual waste or at the place where you offer your mini containers. Two things are important:
- Do not place the Christmas tree on the plates around the containers, because then they cannot be emptied.
- Remove the plastic pot if you have a root ball tree (and please dispose of this pot separately).
From 8.00 am the trucks drive to collect the trees, so put your Christmas tree on the street before that time. People who want to get rid of their tree sooner or later can hand in their Christmas tree at the Milieustraat.
You can hand in Christmas trees and bags of fireworks to the municipality of Leiderdorp in 2023. You immediately receive 50 cents per tree or bag. The collection is on January 4 between 12.30 pm and 3.30 pm at the following locations.
12.30 to 14:00: Corner Mauritssingel / Willem de Zwijgerlaan, environmental corner
12:30 to 14:00: Parking lot corner Van Geerstraat / Dr. the Bruijnestraat
14:15 to 15:30: Grass field Hoek Kastanjelaan / Burgemeester Brugplein
12.30 to 14:00: Parking area Scheppingskerk
14:15 to 15:30: Grass field corner Tollenaersingel/Drakestein
12.30 to 14:00: Corner Splinterlaan / Pinksterbloem
14:15 to 15:30: Corner Vronkenlaan / Gansstraat
14:15 to 15:30: Klimopzoom at the level of entrance school Elckerlyc
12.30 to 14:00: Gallaslaan, entrance Lisdoddekreek
14.15 to 15.30 Grass field corner Spiegeldreef / Van Effendreef
12.30 to 14:00: Hoek Muzenlaan near Willem van Otterloostraat between the 2 large parking lots.
14:15 to 15:30: Corner Buitenhoflaan / Buitendijklaan (Hofvijver)
14:15 to 15:30: Environmental corner Meerburglaan at the level of. Windmill
12.30 to 14:00: Tower watch at the height of Hoogvliet supermarket
Christmas trees and bags with fireworks residues can also be handed in all day on January 4 at the milieustraat for 50 cents per tree or bag. You can also come to the milieustraat on other days to hand in your tree, however, you will not get 50 cents.
Children can collect christmas trees in Oegstgeest, and have a chance to win a prize! They receive a raffle ticket for every tree they hand in. You can help the children by putting your tree, without decoration of course, on the street after the holidays.
Children can submit Christmas trees on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 3 from 10:00 to 15:00
- Thursday, January 5 from 10 to 15:00
- De Voscuyl car park
- Hofbrouckerlaan, near the hockey fields
- Jan Wolkerslaan, near the Joris de Witteschool
- Lijtweg, on the large parking lot
- JP Thijsselaan, on the lawn next to the school's gymnasium
- Nieuw-Rhijngeest, Rustenburgerpad near Het Dok
- Kerckwervelaan, near the basketball court
You can also hand in your christmas tree at the milieustraat during their opening hours. You will not receive a raffle ticket then.
The municipality will raffle a total of 23 gift cards of € 10, € 25 and € 50. The more trees, the better chance of winning a gift card.
Winning lottery tickets
Monday 9 January from 12.00 the municipality will announce the winning numbers on their website and Faebook page. The results will also be on the municipal page in the Oegstgeest Courant on Wednesday 11 January.
You can hand in your Christmas tree in Voorschoten on January 6, for which you will receive € 0.50.
You can hand in your tree from 12.30 to 16:00 at the following locations:
- Royal Marinelaan 21
- Baron Schimmelpenninck van der Oyelaan
- Koeriersterpad / Bertus van Akenlaan
You can also hand in your tree at the milieustraat, however, you will not receive 50 cents then.